I think we can agree the benefits of fasting outweigh what we may be “giving up”. Most people fast to grow closer to God, or fast for a particular need. Some fast for the health benefits. Research has shown fasting can reduce insulin resistance, drop unwanted pounds, reduce inflammation, boosts brain function, delay aging, and more. *
Whatever the reason and whatever the type whether it be the Daniel fast, liquid fast, juice fast, or water fast, there are some simple tips that can help you transition into it just a bit easier and hopefully without too many withdrawal symptoms.
6 Tips to Prepare for a Fast:
1. Write down why you are fasting. Fasting can be uncomfortable, by writing it down, this will serve as a reminder to help you push through.
2. Set up an accountability partner. If you feel that you will not be able to make it to your goal, find a trusted friend who will keep you accountable.
3. Start reducing your sugar intake. This will help you not to have severe withdrawals once you begin your fast
4. Drink lemon water. This can help reduce your toxic load before going into a fast, which can help reduce headaches while fasting.
5. Eat small portions to prepare your stomach, especially if you plan to cut out all food.
6. Consult with your doctor before starting a fast
* – healthline.com/nutrition